10 Misconceptions on Prayer
Rev. Charles Wells
- Prayer is a one-way street.
- God only listens to you when you’ve been a “good” person.
- Prayer is powerless unless you take action too. After all, God only helps those who help themselves.
- Prayer should be soft, meek statements in which you beg God for the things that you want.
- If you don’t see your answer right away, your prayers have not been heard nor have they had any effect.
- Prayers should use great sounding “Christian” words.
- Prayer is boring.
- Once you’ve prayed about something, you never have to pray about it again.
- The only “real” prayers are ones done when kneeing prostrate before God in church.
- Prayers for healing are going to always be done in an instantaneous manner.