It’s very difficult to get along with everyone.
In fact, certain personalities just tend to clash!
But when someone in your life upsets you-
– what is the proper response?
If we are living in the Spirit-
– then our response should be one that demonstrates Christ’s love.
What if that person counters your love with more ugliness?
Proverbs 25:21-22 gives us further direction:
“If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the Lord will reward you.”
It’s the age-old concept of killing with kindness.
And if they still refuse to change their attitude?
Well, thankfully Paul gives us an escape clause of sorts in Romans 12:18, “…as far as it depends on you.”
Paul understood that you can be gracious and loving all day long-
– but some people are a bit of a challenge!
Christ warned us that the world would hate us because of Him-
– and Paul takes this into account in this passage.
Extend your olive branch-
– and if you are scorned in return,
– you know you’ve done your part.
Think of someone with whom you are not in good terms.
Pray that God would provide an opportunity to actively love them-
– as well as soften their heart to allow you to live at peace together.