But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength;They shall mount up with wings like eagles,They shall run and not be weary,They shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31.
I don’t like to wait in long lines-
– at banks,post offices, being stuck in traffic during rush hour,
– or being put on hold by a computer.
Waiting time seems to be a waste of time.
This is why waiting on God is-
– so difficult for many believers to do.
That’s also why many people quote the verse that is not in the Bible, “God helps those who help themselves.”
That’s secular counselling!
It’s not scriptural counselling!
The statement speaks to the lack of faith-
– how God needs us to take charge to get things done.
But one thing’s for sure:
What we need to do is-
– to trust God and
– be willing to do His will, in His timing, not our own. Hebrews 10:36.
For the right action at the right time equals the right result.
Waiting on God is tough.
But God’s timing is always best for us, and for others.
Waiting time should not be a waste of time.
“Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him…” Psalm 37:7.