“Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to your neighbour, for we are all members of one body.” Ephesians 4:25.
Lying has become a pervasive problem!
Have you fallen into the habit?
Many Christians do not look on lying as the grievous sin that it is.
I’m going to be honest with you.
There are people who would never attend a dirty movie-
– but they will lie at the drop of a hat.
It seems that today’s “me first” mindset places very little value on honesty and personal integrity.
Truth is sacrificed on the altar of self-advancement.
At the time-
– you may think that lying will make your life easier,
– but one lie almost always requires another and another and another.
You have to remember everything you said to keep from confusing your lies.
But when you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember what you said.
That makes life a lot less complicated!
I’ve known Christian women who were fanatical about dressing modestly-
– and yet they think nothing to manipulate a situation using untruths.
Spouses lie to one another in the name of keeping the peace-
– parents lie to their own children and vice versa,
– employers and employees just the same.
Advertisers lie to sell products.
Politicians lie in order to spin things their way.
Which life have you created for yourself?
There’s only one way to break the bondage of a lie-
– and that’s with the truth.
Seek to live with integrity and honesty and you’ll find new freedom for living.
The truth is found in Jesus Christ.
Find Him, and find the truth, the power, and strength to become a person of integrity.