"Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. " 1 Timothy 4:16.
Every now and then someone comes along and claims that believers can have new experiences with the Holy Spirit, such as-
– laughing uncontrollably,
– or making horrible noises,
– or rolling on the ground,
– or "slain in the Spirit" etc.
My response is:
"Excuse me, where is that in the Bible?"
If I can’t find it in the Bible-
– then I am not interested.
If it is not in God’s Word-
– then it is not of God.
We should always be able to have a scriptural basis for what we are hearing,saying and doing.
Do not spiritualize a text.
And do not use it out of context.
When someone claims to be a prophet of God with a new revelation for the church that has never been revealed before, just remember that-
– if it is new-
– then it is not true.
And if it is true-
– then it is not new.
I am not looking for a new revelation.
I have more than enough in the Bible.
Yet there are people today who are looking for "new words from the Lord"-
– when they never have even read God’s written word, the Bible, from cover to cover at least one time in their life time!.
There is plenty in Scripture to occupy ourselves with.
The Word of God is complete,perfect and final!
So don’t look for new revelations.
Instead, look at the Scripture and always have a Biblical basis for everything that you say and do.
Just as an artist knows how to use his pens and brushes,
– just as a chef knows how to use his knives,
– and just as a soldier knows how to use his weapons,
– we need to know how to use the Word of God.