"Catch the foxes for us, The little foxes that are ruining the vineyards, While our vineyards are in blossom." Song of Solomon 2:15.
Researchers who had made repeated dives to the wreckage of the Titanic-
– challenged the accepted theory that an iceberg tore a 300-foot gash in the side of the ship.
The ship’s bow is mired in mud, but the team ‘looked’ at the hull using sound waves.
They concluded that the damage is ‘astonishingly small’-
– just six small gashes along the starboard hull.
– the openings were made at the worst possible place, along six watertight holds.
Little things can do great damage:
– a little lie here,
– a little cheating there,
– a little stealing,
– a little gossip, and/or
– a little unresolved conflict
– like a little gash in a mighty ship can open a floodgate of damage somewhere down the track.
Any holes in your life?
Let’s not neglect them.
Let’s get smart and, with God’s help, take care of them today before they sink us.
May God help us see the ‘little’ things in our life that-
– if we fail to resolve them now, they may ‘burn out of control’ farther down the line.